Mumbai is a metropolitan and the busiest city of India. People here often don’t have time to eat. When you step out of your house, you will see everyone running somewhere. Life is so fast here. In this busy life one forgets everything.
Apart from this, Mumbai is also a business hub, Lots of people from all over India and the world migrate to Mumbai for various purposes like leisure, business, family etc.
It might become difficult to see Mumbai if you have very less amount of time due to work or anything else and you might miss the charm of this city.
In this article I will tell you about the best places in Mumbai you could see and complete in just one day and still make sure you have lived the city.
- 9 am Gateway of India: The Gateway of India is a monument built during the 20th century in Mumbai City of Maharashtra state in western India. It is located on the waterfront in the Apollo Bunder area in South Mumbai and overlooks the Arabian Sea.
Collaba causeway, Fort and Fashion street: walkable distance from Gateway, collaba and Fashion streets ate the mecca of accessories and street wear. It’s a must visit.
Also Read our another post for full details of Mumbai.
- 12 pm Crawford Market: They say anything and everything can be found at crawford Market, being the wholesale hub of Mumbai, you’ll find everything you are looking for, right from exotic pets to imported chocolates to makeup to clothing to toys. Just about everything.
- 1 pm Lunch Mohammed Ali road: Being a Muslim area you will find chains of Mughal and Muslim restaurants lined up on Mohammed Ali road, the food is pocket friendly and delicious. Dont miss out on the falooda for desert.
Read our post on Best Vada Pav in the city.
- 3 pm Hanging Garden and Walkeshwar: Walkeshwar is where the rich and famous of Mumbai reside, being a hill top area it has a beauty of its own and hanging garden in walkeshwar is not only famous but also offers a spectacular areal view of Mumbai’s queen necklace and chowpatty beach.
- 5 pm Marine Drive, Girgaom Chowpatty: Well a 5 min drive downhill from walkeshwar and you’ll find yourself driving along the vast Arabian sea, marine drive is something you should not miss when in Mumbai, a little ahead is chowpatty Beach.. For the lovers of sand and sea and Indian street food, chowpatty beach is a must visit.
- 7 pm Pheonix mall: Being one of the biggest and unique malls in Mumbai, Pheonix mall has it all, luxury Brands to food etc.
- 8 pm– There are various restaurants and food joints in phoenix mall wherein you can have a good dinner.
- 9 pm Worli sea face: Street lamps glistening on the sea, as the crashing waves interrupt the silence night,just like Marine drive, worli is another spot where u can enjoy the sea.
Haji Ali – A dargarh /shrine of peer Haji Ali, a visit here will make you feel relaxed and peaceful.
Bandra sea link– Two mins drive from worli and you’ll find yourself on the majestic sea Bridge that links Worli from Bandra, the experience of driving from the sea is one of a kind.
- 11 pm Dadar to CST in local train: Well you haven’t got the jist of Mumbai if you haven’t traveled by Mumbai’s Lifeline, that is Local train. Dadar being the most populated station and CST being the most iconic station are both must visits hence we recommend you commute between the two through Local train.
So, next time you are in city for a day, you know where to go.