Each one of us want to stay young forever, but no one can stop the flow of time. The aging of skin and greying of hair are the two most evident signs of aging. Hair greying is a natural process, and appearance of grey hair from mid-40s is normal
Salt and pepper, silver, pewter, charcoal. Whatever you call it, grey hair happens to all of us at some point. But why do some people go gray in their 20s while others don’t see the first sign of silver until age 50? If you’re going gray early, what are your options?
What’s ‘Premature’ Greying?
Hair goes gray when color-producing cells stop producing pigment, says Jeffrey Benabio, MD, a dermatologist at Kaiser Permanente in San Diego. Naturally occurring hydrogen peroxide also build up in the hair bleaching the color.
Typically, white people start going gray in their mid-30s, Asians in their late 30s, and African-Americans in their mid-40s. Half of all people have a significant amount of gray hair by the time they turn 50.
A white person is considered to be prematurely gray if his or her hair turns gray by age 20; gray before 30 is early for African-Americans.
For Summer Hair Care Read here
If you’re a victim of premature hair greying as well then fear not, because in this article we’ll tell you about the best and most effective home remedies that will surely put an end to greying.
- An effective remedy for premature greying hair is to use curry leaves (kadi patta). You should include them in your daily diet or you could boil them in coconut oil and apply it on your scalp once it cools off.
- Indian gooseberry which is also known as amla is effective for treating premature greying of hair. Cut the berry and dry it; once it’s dried mix it with coconut oil until the matter becomes powdery and then apply it on your hair.
- You can use ashwagandha (Indian ginseng) on your scalp to avoid premature greying of hair. Ashwagandha is known to increase the melanin content in your hair follicle
- Mix almond oil with lemon juice and apply it on hair using your fingertips. This will retard the process of greying of hair.
- Black tea is very effective for treating premature greying of hair. Simply boil tea leaves and cool it down. Strain the tea water and apply it on the scalp and leave it for an hour. Rinse with cold water without the use of shampoo
So there you have the 5 best and most effective and easiest home remedies that curb the greying of hair. Practice these on a regular basis and Let us know your feed back 👍🏻 ! .