When it comes to Italian Food, then pizza tops most of our lists and second in comes lasagna; the cheesy, creamy dish that mostly everyone loves. There is something so satisfying about lasagnas that a good bowl full of it not only fills up your stomach but also satisfies your mind because its so full of flavours.
Lasagna is a busy woman’s secret dinner weapon. It’s a great meal to cook at home because it’s a relatively easy dish to prepare and it’s filling, so a little goes a long way. Plus, most recipes usually make enough for leftovers, which is a bonus because lasagna is one of those foods hat tastes even better the second day. Lasagna also keeps well in the freezer, so you can make two pans at once and freeze one for another meal. It’s safe to say that given the sheer number of lasagna recipes out there, the secret to great lasagna is finding a recipe with ingredients that you love.
I made a delicious lasagna at home, using all the available ingredients i had, and guess what ? I utilised bread slices in the place of lasagna sheets and it tasted as good as any other lasagna
So here’s a step by step guide on how I made lasagna
1. Bread slices
2. Maggi noodles with taste maker
3. Boiled boneless chicken
5. Red chilli paste
8. Corn seeds
* Preparation time : 45 minutes
* Preparation Method :
1. Take teaspoon oil and satay all veggies till they soften and keep aside
2. Cook the maggi with its taste maker ( I used chicken maggi) and set aside
3. In a bowl shred the boiled chicken into little chunks, add the veggies the Maggie and add a slice of cheese
4. Add one dollop of mayonnaise to the mixture
5. Add red chilli paste and salt
6. Mix well and keep the batter aside
7. Now, take bread slices cut their brown edges and flatten them into thin sheets using a rolling pin.
8. Take a baking dish and rub a generous amount of butter onto it.
9. Now spread the bread sheets on the baking dish
10. Take a portion of the batter that you prepared and spread it onto the sheets of bread
11. After you make sure that you have evenly spread the batter onto the bread sheets, cover the entire baking tray with a layer of cheese.
12. After you cover it in a layer of cheese, again put sheets of bread on top and repeat the previous procedure till you get at least two layers
13. Coat the last layer with cheese
14. Preheat your oven at 200 degrees and place the baking dish inside
15. Bake for half an hour till you notice that the cheese has turned slightly golden brown.
16. Remove, and serve hot along with some refreshing coolers.
Cooking up a fancy meal often require ingredients that we don’t usually have at home. However a little adjustment and quick fix here and there ensure that your cravings don’t go unanswered.
Read: Recipe of Homemade Pizza
Do give my bread lasagna recipe a try and drop in your suggestions and feedback in comments.